What a damn fine speech. Clear, decisive, articulate...No one can question where Kerry stands on the issues now. I was very impressed by his delivery. It seemed very warm and sincere. He truly looked confident when he made his way to the podium. I hope we'll be looking back on this speech on November 3rd (or whenever the votes are finally tallied) excited about what the next four years will hold rather than disappointed about what might have been. Or worse, scared to death of what lies ahead with Bush and his evil minions in the White House for another term.
If you watched the speech on CNN, afterward you were treated to the convention director's tantrum about the balloon debacle. I'm amazed it went on for so long and no one realized his voice was going out live on the air. Though, considering how pathetic and biased CNN's reportage of the convention has been, I wouldn't be surprised if they let it go on on purpose.
I lost a huge chunk of respect for CNN back at the start of the current intifada when it was clear they were taking a rather obvious, unobjective, anti-Israel stance on the issue. They've been better since then, but their coverage of this convention has been extremely disappointing. I've truly lost all respect for the US media over the past four years. Even the New York Times and Washington Post, who until recently were consider liberal, left-leaning papers, tend to pussyfoot around the current administration. Whatever happened to journalistic integrity? Remember when reporters had (and I mean this in the figurative, non-gender specific sense) balls?? Woodward and Bernstein, anyone??? Those guys brought down a corrupt president, they didn't prop him up and pander to him.
My only other comment on last night's speech--John Edwards gives the cheesiest thumbs-up I have ever seen. Maybe it just looks odd on him because it's such an old-school gesture and he looks too young to be doing it. He looks young enough that he should be giving the rock n' roll devil horns sign instead, but of course the right would be all over that in a second, no doubt branding him a "devil worshipping baby killer." Folks like that make me wish the rapture would hurry up and get here.
I have been up since the very ass crack of dawn this morning as I had to drive my beloved husband to the airport and now it's finally time for me to get to work. I'll check back in later if there's anything interesting in the news.
Carnage and Cravenness: Gun Violence In America
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment