Sunday, August 01, 2004

When the Cat's Away...

You would not believe the crazy insane stuff I've gotten up to since Ethan's gone off to Florida. Friday night alone I did something I never would have been able to do if he'd been home: I watched the final installment of Lord of the Rings (SCANDALOUS!).

Yesterday I accompanied Dina to a chihuahua pool party where I was treated to a live gay chihuahua sex show (Dina's supposed to e-mail me the photographic evidence). Ok, so it was techinically a bi sex show, because the same two boys (Loki and BonBon), were tag teaming Dina's chihuahua Molly when they weren't banging each other. Who knew such little dogs could be so horny? Watching their tawdry carnal display made me miss Ethan all the more :).

The party took place in a chichi little dog store in the east village. I couldn't leave without something for the Sincoff pups, so I bought some brushes and a new squeaky monkey. Squeaky Monkey #1 was Fred's favorite toy of all time until his demise when Lulu's little chiclet teeth punctured his squeaker. Now that he's squeakless, they ignore him like he's really dead. When I saw Squeaky II at the store, I had to buy him. The kids flipped out when I took him out of the bag. They haven't stopped playing with him since. I think Freddie even slept with him.

I know I promised no more dog blogs for a while, but I couldn't help it.

In other animal news, the kittens are still here and more rambunctious than ever. While watching LOTR Friday night and eating Doritos, Fugly (the white/tabby) and Shaggy (the long hair) both launched themselves at my head simultaneously. Fug commenced biting my lip while Shaggy attacked my neck. I have no idea what that was about, but for one split second I thought it might be the end of me. I had visions of Ethan coming home to find my picked-clean skeleton on the futon with 2 fat, wild-eyed kittens curled up on my ribcage. I fear for my safety now that the two of them have tasted human flesh.

The third, non-man-meat-hungry kitten is the fastest thing I have ever seen. I think she's part cheetah. It took me a good 30 mins to catch her last night so I could put them all in their cage before going to bed.

I'm off to slack. I don't feel like accomplishing much today besides finishing my book and napping. It's raining, so it's the perfect sort of day for those activities.

No comments: