Things are heating up heading up to the Democratic Convention. Security is tighter than John Aschcroft's virgin, pentecostal bung hole and a whopping THREE THOUSAND protesters are getting ready to rabblerouse. I had to re-read that. I thought for sure I'd missed a few zeroes. Nope. Three measly thousand. That's it.
I think it's very telling that there are only an estimated 3,000 protesters in Boston, but NYPD expects closer to five HUNDRED thousand in New York next month for the Republican Convention.
I read the Executive Summary of the 9/11 Commission Report over lunch today. Much like Fahrenheit 9/11, I was already familiar with a majority of the facts and events included, but seeing them all laid out in chronological order was a bit overwhelming. America really had its collective head up its collective ass on this one. Let's hope the recommendations set forth by the commission are "implicated," as our beloved POTUS would say.
The buzz around the Democratic Convention today is just how much Bush bashing will be allowed. I hope not too much. Enough to remind the people what a threat to our nation he is, but I think the focus should be on acquainting Americans with John Kerry and his platform. I get the distinct impression that the majority of folks in that barren waste land between the coasts know nothing about the man apart from what they hear on Fox News. Ask your average midwesterner who John Kerry is and I bet they answer, "You mean that liberal senator from Taxachusetts who looks French?" I think Kerry should come out Thursday night wearing a beret and neck scarf, smoking a Gauloise just to show that he really does have a sense of humor, no matter what the right wing gumflappers or his own wife say.
Embarrassing Confession of the Day:
I'm looking forward to Bill Clinton's speech tonight. Despite his philandering and myriad other faults, I have a HUGE crush on him and always have. And now that he's mean and lean thanks to the South Beach Diet, he's, like, TEN times sexier than he was while in office.
Back to work. They ain't payin' me to pontificate, after all.
Carnage and Cravenness: Gun Violence In America
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment