I completely forgot to take pics because I'm totally lame. We met a handful of cool new people from the neighborhood and had some interesting discussions both political and non-political in nature. Fred and Lulu (our two Shih Tzu--yes, that's the singular and plural form, and no I'm not being pretentious) were a huge hit. They shamelessy begged food off everyone there and Lulu invited herself into several people's laps and passed out free kisses. She's a party whore.
I'm exhausted. This cookout has been my life for the last few days--planning, cooking, etc. I promise I'll have something interesting to say tomorrow. My copy of "Outfoxed" came in the mail today. Hopefully we'll get a chance to watch it at John and Dina's tonight. I will post my official review once I've seen it.
Special thanks to my darling husband Ethan for all his hard work today. We make a formidable team when we can manage to overcome our slackish natures and tendency toward apathy. Thanks as well to Stuart and Sara for the table and chairs and to John and Dina for the cooler and other goodies.
I smell a hint o' poop. I think one of the kittens we're fostering may have dropped a teeny kitten-sized deuce somewhere near the computer. I'm far too tired to hunt for it now. I'll deal with it later when it's dried up and not nearly so offensive.
And with that appetizing thought, I'll sign off for now and go put my feet up. I earned it, dammit!
TTFN

No comments:
Post a Comment