Saturday, November 08, 2008

Oh Sweet Decadence!!!

I finally, after much consideration, broke down and hired a cleaning service to come next week and give the apartment a thorough spring cleaning to be followed by bi-weekly visits as long as I feel I need the help (I imagine for the first 3 mos the baby's home).

It is so not cheap, but so, soooooooooo worth it. I hired "The Maids" for now, but will ask around for recommendations for independent contractors who might be cheaper. We'll see how they do. They have super-fancy Ghost Buster looking equipment. They might be so thorough that I keep them on, but downgrade to once a month.

I spent hours yesterday surfing the net looking for pretty, sparkly "push presents" even though I won't be pushing. Although I'd love a bauble, not having to lift a finger to clean my house for at least 3 mos was too good to pass up.

Now I just have to bust my ass over the next 2 days to get the apartment decent enough that I'm not humiliated when the crew shows up. Or just hand them a key and run out of the apartment before they see what lies in wait for them. After that, all I should have to worry about are dishes and laundry. BLISS!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is really the BEST present. In the beginning there's a lot of adjustment, so it's great to have someone take care of that for you.
Of course- if you want to look at push presents of the sparkly variety... check out generousgems.com that's where John got the baby shoe with the pink stones...

kaylynuke said...

DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT!!!!
That as what I was going to get you!!!!! (I was going to actually research ceaners in your area TODAY after I caught up on blogs. Been meaning to for a few weeks now, but kept being too lazy.)
ARRRGGHH!
Well, what now? What else would help you out?