I will be 37 weeks on Friday. For the last 2 days I've noticed a marked increase in Braxton Hicks contractions. Today my OB said that my cervix is still closed, but softening up. Every step I take, it feels like the baby is going to fall out. Every time I go to the bathroom, I check the toilet for my mucus plug.
Tobe spends his entire day napping between bouts of pummeling my cervix with both fists. I saw him on the ultrasound Monday. Not once did he move his hands from in front of his face. He looked every bit the boxer he is. "Keep those hands up!"
He really hates the Braxton Hicks contractions. As if it's not cramped enough in there already, now he's being squeezed several times a day. He follows each BH with a brutal round of punching, kicking and stretching. He loves to brace his feet against the back of my uterus and shove his bony butt out as far as he can. I smack it (gently of course) when he does that.
I'm soooo very ready for him to come out. I look forward to enjoying his presence in prescription painkiller-induced bliss.
The nursery is coming together. Got the carpets down, the curtains and some decorations up and most of the extraneous crap cleared out. Our friends Abi and Andy are coming over Friday night to help put the crib together. I believe Andy, in addition to being a theater prof, is also a master carpenter, if I'm not mistaken. When I took one look at the crib instructions, I knew immediately that Ethan and I would probably kill each other if we tried to do it ourselves.
I figure he and Andy will work together much better and with far less frustration than he and I would. Not that he and I aren't a great team. It's just that two people trying to do something neither is good at is a recipe for cursing and/or tears--especially when one is exhausted and cranky from being 9 mos preggo and cries at the drop of a hat.
Once the crib is up and I've put the mattress and bedding in, I'll snap some pics to post here. The bedding, decorations and carpet go fantastically with the pale yellow walls. It looks very cheery and sunny.
The walls were that color when we moved in, so we didn't even have to paint. However, the walls are plaster, so it makes hanging pictures and such difficult. Luckily, there were already 5 nails in the wall perfectly placed for 5 of the decorations that required hanging. The rest can go up with fun-tac.
I'm off to order groceries online now. I'm also over waddling up and down the aisles until this kid comes out.
Carnage and Cravenness: Gun Violence In America
10 years ago

5 comments:
I know how you feel... Maddie's ass was STRAIGHT out the last week I was pregnant with her.
So exciting that the nursery is almost done- can't wait to see pics!
Gentle massage works as well as the smacking :oD
I'm trying to reconcile myself to another five weeks, which is still quite likely with my history. I'm just annoyed that I can't indulge in what was one of my best coping mechanisms - going to the movies. This time round, I'm too uncomfortable now.
Glad you're OK - I was getting a little worried with the quiet bloggage!
Here's my friendly suggestion--drink more water and get more pampering from others!
I'm sending you many positive thoughts and good wishes from Italy.
A) re: the mucus plug: even when you're expecting it, searching for it and have seen it before, it is a goddamn freaky sight in the toilet,lol.
B) if you need to hang anything else with hardware, place a piece of paint masking tape over the spot where you will drill/pound and peel off afterwards. Trust me, as someone who has only ever lived in plaster walled abodes.
Post a Comment