Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hidden Messages in my Stretch Marks

I may take pictures of them for posterity, but they certainly won't be posted here.

While lying on my left side tonight, I noticed a cluster of several stretch marks on the right side of my belly that look like either cave paintings or hieroglyphs. There's one that looks like an asp, one that resembles a crudely drawn giraffe, another that could be a pitchfork or stalk of corn or wheat and--the masterpiece--one that looks like either Thoth, the Egyptian god of writing and knowledge or The Dead Man from the Lascaux cave drawings. The actual stretch mark is limbless, but the head is very pointy and bird-like as on both gentleman pictured below.


Thoth: Why didn't I think of that when we were
trying to come up with "T" names?



Dead Man with bird on stick. Those are the horns of a deadly
bison in the upper right corner. It's hard out here for a caveman...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should take photos..
I thought I made it through stretch mark free- but they were hiding underneath where I couldn't see- thankfully john pointed them out- jerk!