Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Origins of President Mack Daddy

In answer to Jeanne, I thought I would explain the origins of my nickname for President-Elect Obama.

The Urban Dictionary has
many colorful definitions for the phrase mack daddy. The longer term, which I have shortened, is "long-legged mack daddy." This comes directly from a vitriolic, racist, anti-Obama sermon from the Rev. James David Manning . It's so over the top, so ridiculous, so hateful that it's--dare I say--hysterically funny. See for yourself. I can only hope that those folks standing silently behind him all secretly voted for Barack on Tuesday.




We first heard Rev. Manning say this earlier in the year. "Obama is a long-legged mack daddy!" became a catch-phrase for us that we would shout gleefully every time Obama delivered one of his inspiring speeches or won another state in the primaries (after Super Tuesday--we were Edwards supporters before he dropped out and we found out he'd been cheating on his terminally ill wife).

This is a very amusing video of various Rev. Manning anti-Obama sermons set to 50 Cent's "P.I.M.P" Enjoy!!


1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the info! BTW, have you seen all the amazing pics on BO's flickr site?