Friday, October 24, 2008

My Love/Hate Relationship With Old Navy

The bastards got me again. What happened to the good old days when boys' clothing was boring and not nearly as adorable as girls'?

I popped onto the web site "just to look." I really should know better by now. They hooked me with a single $7.00 item:




This adorable yeti bodysuit. In the bottom left corner it reads "Mommy's Abominable Snowboy." Holy shit. How could I say no to that? I showed it to Ethan and he concurred. Here's the thing--the cheapest shipping option is $7.00 as well, so it hardly pays to just get that one item, right? So I looked through the rest of their winter stuff for good bargains.

I wound up putting another dozen items in the cart--2 adorable sweaters, jeans, cords, cargo pants, long-sleeved tees and rugby shirts, and a pair of cute crib shoes. Only 1 item was not on sale. The next highest item was $10. Everything else ranged from $2.49 (THAT'S TWO-FORTY-NINE!!) to $7.00.

Cripes I love Old Navy. I just wish they wouldn't have so MUCH on sale at once so that I feel like I have to get one of everything. Still, I managed to get 13 items for an average of $6.00 ea. That's damn hard to beat--and he's going to be one well-dressed little man. And Mommy should be able to go weeks without having to do baby laundry. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love baby boy shopping at ON too! There is a lot of cute stuff out there. Gotta love those sales. BTW, JCP has an awesome clearance come January. I've gotten a lot of basics that way.

Unknown said...

My wife does most (read all) of the clothes shopping, but I can appreciate your anticipation. We have three, a girl 12, a girl 9 and a boy 4 and a half.

All the best to you Vicki.