Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Latest McCain Campaign Strategy: Outright Denial

Apparently Johnny Mac is "amazed" that other, prominent, members of the republican party have criticized Palin as his running mate. I could understand "disappointed," but "amazed?" Cadaver, pleez!

This one kills me...

"She is a governor, the most popular governor in America,” McCain said. “I think she is the most qualified of any that has run recently for vice president.”

Really? Including Dick Cheney? I mean, we all know how I feel about Dick, but even I would argue that he's more qualified to be VP than Palin. And what about Joe Lieberman? Wasn't McCain courting him to be his running mate? Does he truly, in his heart of hearts, think Palin is more qualified than Lieberman???

He went on to once again chide the media for their "gotcha questions" (you remember: what newspapers do you read? what does the vice president do? etc.)

And then....and then....my favorite:

McCain also mocked suggestions that Palin has to face tough interviews on the Sunday shows in order to prove herself to voters.

“That’s hilarious. With thousands of people showing up at town hall meetings, I've never had a person show up and ask when she is going on ‘Meet the Press.’ Not one.”

You wanna know why, Johnny?? Because even they know what a HORRENDOUS FUCKING IDEA it would be to let her anywhere near 'Meet the Press!!!'

I don't know what's worse: that your 2 top advisors thought she was a good idea, that you actually listened to them, or that you decided to save face rather than kick her to the curb and pick someone who wasn't a complete joke. Whatever. Far be it for me to look a gift moose in the mouth.


Oh heck!! I can't believe I forgot this one!

“We’re doing fine. We have a lot of enthusiasm out there. We’re working hard and enjoying the rallies and having fun. I’m very confident,” he said. “I think we’re behind, but it’s within the margin of error and we’re coming up. All the indicators are that we’re coming up.”

Uh, I'm pretty sure the margin of error is only 3-4%, sweetcheeks. Check your numbers again. Go ahead. I'll wait...

1 comment:

kaylynuke said...

When you type in different colors like that it looks 3D. Coooool....
Good post, btw. ;-)