Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Victory Dance

Can I get a "whoop whoop!" for my main man, Sen. Barack Obama? By the end of the debate, Ethan was worried once again that it was too close to call. I reassured him that, despite everyone's expectations that tonight would be a blood bath, both candidates stuck to the issues and Obama always wins on the issues. The CNN poll confirmed this, though the spread was narrower than I thought it should be.

Ethan thought the debate was also very boring and many people in the blogosphere agree. Once again, that's because they stuck to the issues and the issues aren't exciting to the average viewer.

Andrew Sullivan (Republican), called it a MAULING--advantage Obama. He picked up on several things that I also found odd or troubling during the debate. Namely, McCain blowing off Obama's handshake at the end (I missed the first 20 mins, so I don't know if he shook his hand at the beginning), the "that one" comment, his weird habit of pacing behind Obama while Obama was talking, etc. He left out McCain calling for a spending freeze while simultaneously wanting to buy up bad mortgages, though.

There's also been a lot of post-debate hubbub about the McCains hightailing it out of the debate while the Obamas stayed to greet and talk to the crowd and give autographs and pose for photos. I thought that was very personable of them. I'm sure the McCain campaign will spin that as the Obamas acting like "celebrities." The talking heads kept asking "why" the McCains left so abruptly. Duh, because it was way past his bedtime.

Holy crap, I can't wait for the last debate.

If the McCain campaign has any sense whatsoever, which we've already established that it doesn't, they will cancel Palin's remaining stump speeches and hide her away from the public eye until election day. She is not helping them. AT ALL. I know it doesn't help the Democrats for me to keep reiterating this, but she's an embarrassment and a liability for the ticket. WHY DON'T THEY SEE THIS???? They're some willfully ignorant motherf*ckers.

Ethan just poked his head in to say, "Man, you got a lot to say about a BORING debate!" What can I say? I didn't find it as boring as most. I thought Barack was on message and smooth like butter. What more could the Dems ask for?

4 comments:

kaylynuke said...

I did not find it boring, either.
And I agree on the "weirdness points" you mentioned. And all of your other points. Now *I* don't have to write about it. ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Vicki for that post. I might get a chance to see it on video tonight, but I have no doubt that I'll agree with your assessment.

Ethan Is Blogging Again said...

Obama is a slick counterpuncher. To use boxing vernacular, he really "sticks and moves"

That is what he did last night, bobbed and moved, making McCain miss, and hitting his jab on Johnny Mac. Boxing fans of the 1990's would call that the equivalent of Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whittaker!!!!

I like more direct stuff. I thought it was ok, though. I love Obama, I'm voting for him!

Vicki said...

No shit! That "bomb, bomb Iran" blow went right to the kidney. As your dad would say, "Someone's gonna be pissin' blood tonight!!!"

And at McCain's advanced age, I imagine his prostate is so huge that he's happy to be pissing anything.