Ooh, it just gets juicier and juicier. I was becoming frustrated at the media lull regarding the Casey Anthony Case. I admit I was suffering some sick form of withdrawal. I turned my full focus to the presidential election and then...
The shit hit the fan today!!!! Woohoo! A secret grand jury (at which her own father testified against her) indicted her on multiple charges including first degree murder in the death of her daughter. Her lawyer had previously mentioned that they would ask the grand jury to allow her to continue searching privately for Caylee (ie, with no police presence). I saw no mention of this request in the original CNN article, so it was either denied or the defense decided to withhold it.
As if that weren't enough, after her attorney, Jose Baez, assured the press that Casey "was not running from this," SHE RAN FROM IT!!!! The stink just gets stinkier, gentle readers!!
"She's not running from this," attorney Jose Baez said as his 22-year-old client wiped tears from her eyes during an impromptu media briefing before the charges against her were announced. "She's doing her best to stand strong, to stand up to the powers that are working against her. And they threw the kitchen sink at her a long time ago."
After the indictment, undercover officers followed Anthony as she traveled in her mother's SUV. The officers saw the SUV stop under a highway overpass, at which point Anthony got into another vehicle and drove off. Officers made the traffic stop after she entered the second vehicle, the spokesman said.
Prosecutors are asking Anthony be held without bond.
Prosecutors asked for her to be held without bond before she tried to pull a Scott Peterson. Tell him she's not a flight risk NOW, Baez!! :)
Carnage and Cravenness: Gun Violence In America
10 years ago

5 comments:
Okay, I have to say: it is still creepy for me to hear my name repeatedly in this context, which is probably why I cannot get into this case as I normally would.
Now with that out of the way
I saw the press conference but nothing after i.e. the bolt.
Whose car was it? Watching videos to see if I can answer my own question...
okay, her mom let her out, who was the driver of the 2nd car? nobody seems to know...
Is it me or was Tim Miller Of Texas Equusearch drunk on Nancy Grace?
I missed the beginning of this one. When I was in the States last month I think she was released from jail, I saw her on the news.
But, as horrible as the crime might be, don't you think there's too much of the old lynch mentality going around? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
As I've said before, not in this case. From everything I've read, the police/prosecutors have only disclosed the tip of the evidence iceberg to the public and it's already incredibly damning.
That's without even taking into account her failing to report Caylee missing for 30 days, lying to the police, leading them on wild goose chases instead of actually helping them find her daughter (until recently she was still claiming to know how to find her, btw--kinda like how McCain keeps saying he "knows how to catch bin Laden"), and her piggish behavior in public.
This isn't like the Aisenberg case where the parents appear to have been railroaded by overzealous law enforcement because the cops couldn't find any evidence to point to another suspect. I'd invoke the Ramsey example as well, but I still have my doubts about that one :). Patsy Ramsey was just friggin' creepy.
At the very least, she's guilty of terrible, terrible negligence and covering up the accidental death of her daughter if not outright murdering her. Some cases are just more cut-and-dried than others.
Did anyone think Scott Peterson was innocent when he was caught fleeing with $10,000 and a new hairdo and mustache? The legal system is required to treat people as innocent until proven guilty, but everyone knew in their gut that he was to blame long before he went to trial.
I don't assume everyone who's charged with a crime is guilty by any means. But some people REEK of guilt. Casey Anthony's one of them. I look forward to her live trial coverage. I just hope I'm still home full-time with the kiddo to see every second of it.
Oh--and it helps that I'm a mom-to-be. My maternal outrage goes throught the ROOF anytime I read about a parent (mother esp.) harming his/her child.
As much as I am opposed to the death penalty , I secretly desire to personally eviscerate any person who knowingly and purposely harms defenseless children with a rusty, dull instrument.
That doesn't mean I think I or anyone else should have the RIGHT to do it. I'm just acknowledging that I, like most people, am entitled to the indignant rage I feel when I read about such cases.
Post a Comment