Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tooth Update

I did indeed break off a piece of my tooth, but there was also some decay. The dentist was able to fill it in. Apparently the cavity went fairly deep, but not all the way down to the nerve. We're "keeping an eye on it" in the hopes that the filling will suffice and I won't require another root canal. One was quite enough.

I'm going back on two separate occasions in September for in-depth cleanings. The rest of my teeth are in fairly good condition, but I have gum issues. The hygienist was checking out my gums tooth by tooth and said to the assistant, "She's got bleeding on almost every single tooth!" I wanted to scream (but my mouth was full), "I'M PREGNANT AND YOU'RE JABBING MY GUMS WITH A SHARP INSTRUMENT, YOU *&%^#*$ MORON!!!! OF COURSE MY GUMS ARE BLEEDING!!!!" The assistant did eventually let her know that I'm pregnant. She seemed to be OK with that explanation.

1 comment:

kaylynuke said...

At least they took that explanation. I, in passing, mentioned it (more gum bleeding than normal) to my one resident during my second pregnancy and he acted like I was *crazy* and it had *nothing* to do with pregnancy. I hope he's a podiatrist now.