I am tentatively calling Day One a success. I didn't get as much accomplished as I thought I might, but I also didn't sleep well the night before and was dragging ass all day long. This morning is another story--I woke up feeling semi-rested and mostly human for a change.
What I got done yesterday:
- Collected three 13 gallon garbage bags of trash and non-recyclable clutter from the kitchen (That sounds grosser than it is. This includes crap in the pantry I will never use, old stuff from the fridge, stale cereal boxes, etc).
- Put recyclable items in appropriate receptacles
- Cleared out and plunged kitchen sinks (Our sink backs up CONSTANTLY. Super fucking annoying), then bleached and scrubbed them.
- Did two loads of dishes
- Read book and napped until Ethan got home :)
I think it will take at least 2 weeks for the place to really be where I'd like to keep and maintain it. Keep in mind, I do have an active toddler who requires my attention and outings to the playground on sunny days (like today...sigh).
All in all, not a bad start. Certainly more than I normally accomplish on a given day. Today will hopefully be more of the same. I'll report back later!

3 comments:
Hey, that's really good! I managed to save some petunias that were dying, went to the Post Office, and played a lot with my little guy. Don't forget that giving attention to your toddler counts as something getting done!
that is a TON to accomplish in one day. i'm impressed. plus, maintenance is really MUCH easier than getting it started. you know what inspires me from time to time. a girl i worked with once said that the lazy person (which is me) actually puts things right away/cleans up immediately. b/c if you put it where it doesn't go, then later you have to touch it again to put it away. if you just put it away, you have to touch it only once! PLUS same goes for cleaning. dishes are HARDER to clean when they have been sitting!
That was a very good day!
Post a Comment