Protesters put the pressure on Caylee's family
This article presents me with a moral dilemma. I don't think private citizens should be harassed in their own homes, even if they are suspected of committing a crime or acting as an accessory after the fact.
On the other hand, this case stinks to high heaven. The mother, Casey Anthony, has been uncooperative from the start, not reporting Caylee missing for an entire month and fabricating things out of whole cloth (the non-existent babysitter and co-workers for example). The grandmother, who earlier referred to her daughter as a "sociopath" and told police that the trunk of Casey's car smelled like it had a dead person in it, now suddenly believes she's innocent.
If I'm honest with myself, I kinda love the protesters. I think most folks following this case are outraged at Casey's refusal to cooperate with police. Who wouldn't be? What mother who wasn't involved in her daughter's death or disappearance would intentionally withhold information and lie to the police? The media isn't villainizing Casey Anthony. She simply is a villain.
As such, I think the protesters serve a noble purpose by keeping the pressure on the Anthony family to disclose everything they know and by reminding them of their less-than favored status in the public opinion. This job would normally fall to the police or Feds, but they don't seem to be up to the task. If the coppers can crack hardened criminals and draw confessions out of them, why the hell can't they get the job done with a 22 y/o single mom? She should be a piece of cake!
Apparently Dr. Phil disagrees with me on this topic, but he's just a fat media whore and I couldn't give a shit what he thinks.
Carnage and Cravenness: Gun Violence In America
10 years ago

7 comments:
the whole case enrages me. I just don't understand if she didn't do it, why she doesn't say something... it's fishy and it reeks and I'm sure she had to do with it.
Parents that hurt/murder their children deserve the worst punishment out there. The only thing- I can't figure out really what the worst punishment is.
She did it but she has had a lot of help in covering it up.I now think like someone else suggested that the cover up is a big scam that Cindy Anthony is in charge of,they all had 5 weeks to mourn Caylees death and appear as though they knew nothing.Let Casey go to jail but lie long enough that all traces of dead Caylees body is gone.Good plan ,let Cindy do all the talking.But she screwed up from the begining saying the date was June 9th when she last saw Caylee.Lying like this is a hard thing to do except for Casey who is a pro at it.Then she said it was June 15th she took Caylee to visit her father in the nursing home for fathers day.But what she didnt say is when she returned home that afternoon that she had Casey by the throat choking her for stealing money from Cindys fathers bank account that pays for his care and living at the home! The day of June 15th is when it all happened! They all know it and they are all lying as usual to protect their lying,pyscho,thieving,drunken,drug addicted whore excuse for a daughter!
Caylees father is someone in that family and is a dirty little secret they have all been keeping! I pray Caylees remains are found soon and that Casey and everyone else who has conspired to cover up the murder of this 2 year old baby are all found guilty and executed!
There is no doubt in my mind that the child is dead,casey killed her and at some point her mom and dad and lee all knew what happened and it is another dirty little secret to hide and cover up for Casey Anthony like all her stealing and constant lies!Guilty they are all guilty!
Wow! Someone who's even angrier about this case than I am! Thanks for your comment, anonymous.
I agree with you on all points, but two:
1. That Caylee's father is a family member. Could very well be, but I haven't seen evidence of this yet
2. That they should all be executed. Although in my heart I totally want Casey, at the very least, to be strung up, I'm morally opposed to the death penalty.
Besides, rotting in prison for the rest of her natural life so that she can live with the knowledge of what she did until she dies of natural causes seems much crueler than a swift, merciful death via lethal injection.
Oh--and I hadn't heard about Cindy choking Casey. Has that been verified? I'm surprised I missed that little nugget. Sounds like you have insider info.!
I'm not sure I get the link btwn Casey stealing money from her grandpa's bank account and her killing Caylee. Any opinions on that?
I don't live in the States so I don't have the pleasure of seeing these things on the news until I'm sick of them. But, watching that little video on the Dr. Phil site, I thought what the hell are those protesters doing? Don't they have anything else to do?
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. That means innocent until proven guilty. I always find it odd that so many people are so quick to discard that important founding principle of democracy.
I like the fact that our legal system presumes people innocent until proven guilty, but also that the First Amendment gives me and many many others the right to express our opinion that the Anthony family is shady as shit.
At the very least, Casey Anthony is guilty of neglect by failing to report her daughter missing for over a month. That's established fact. She's also committed obstruction of justice by--admittedly--lying to the police.
Cindy Anthony has also committed obstruction of justice by lying to the police, though I don't know if any charges have been pressed to that effect. I am sure this is due more to Orlando police not wanting to seem insensitive to a grieving grandmother than to not having sufficient evidence to do so.
Perhaps this proof has not yet been presented in a court of law, but it's pretty frickin' incontrovertible and stinks either way.
I don't think anyone out there disagrees that the Anthonys are not fully cooperating with authorities in the best interests of the missing child, especially taking into account the forensic evidence obtained from the trunk of Casey's car.
So yes, the Anthonys are presumed innocent until proven guilty, but it ain't lookin' so hot for them as piece after piece of evidence falls into place--and they don't seem to be doing anything to help their case or their public perception. They're just circling the wagons.
I love the quote you have up now. No omment on Caylee, as there is plenty on here now to sum it all up.
Post a Comment