About 4 to 6 weeks ago I interviewed with a company similar to my current one. You can check out their website, though it's not even remotely interesting to anyone outside the medical education and pharmaceutical communities (www. cognimed.net).
I interviewed with two different people and it seemed to go really well--and I don't say that lightly. I'm very clueless when it comes to sensing whether others like me and even I could tell it went well. So I was surprised when I didn't here back and chalked it up to me wanting too much money. Lo and behold, last week I get a call out of the blue that they want me to return to interview with the company's president who happens to be a member of the tribe (though I didn't use that to my advantage:)). So I meet with him and one other individual this afternoon and it goes really well again--the president says "You'll definitely here from us within a week" and the other dude says he thinks I'd be a "good fit" and that the other people I'd met with had all good stuff to say about me.
So I'm thinking it's pretty much in the bag (knocking on wood as I type this) and now I just need to sit tight and wait for an offer. Hopefully it'll be significantly more than what I'm making now (I'd even settle for 5k more at this point).
Anyhoo, keep your fingers crossed for me. We can use a lucky break after the year we've had. And keep your fingers crossed for Ethan, too. Sitting around the house with only animals for company is making him a little kookoo for cocoa puffs. If we could ever use a dose of good karma, it's now.
In other news:
1. We've started going back to the gym after months of lethargy and girth expansion. I haven't walked without a limp in about a week. Still, it's a good hurt.
2. Is John Kerry TRYING to lose the election? He really needs to come out with a stronger rebuttal to the Swift Boat Veterans for Diabolical Deception than what he's put out so far. I appreciate that he's trying to stay positive and not sink to their level, but one can only turn the other cheek so many times, and that would be once. When you run out of cheeks, it's time for the gloves to come off and my money's on Kerry in a bare knuckle brawl against Georgie any day.
I'm counting on the K-Man to whoop the "Speaker of Very Short Sentences" (as Garrison Keillor referred to him) in the upcoming debates. So long as he doesn't show obvious signs of frustration and exasperation like Gore, I think it's a lock. A girl can dream....
Which is exactly what I'm off to do. It's late and I can't go kamikaze at the old job until the offer letter for the new one is signed (assuming it's coming, that is--don't want to jinx anything).
Night night. Sleep tight. Don't let the Republicans bite.
Carnage and Cravenness: Gun Violence In America
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment