Thursday, August 19, 2010

Self-torture through food and other mishegas

It's a gorgeous night tonight, so we decided to pop T in the stroller and walk down to the diner. I had no idea what I wanted to eat until we got there. When I saw "reuben," my mouth watered so severely I actually had to swallow. It was greasy and glorious. I got so caught up in the corned-beef bacchanalia of it (yes, you CAN get drunk on Russian dressing) that I completely forgot about the effects of cabbage (in this case sauerkraut) on my digestive system. So far I have escaped unscathed. So, I'm praying the Dude or Dudette in the Big Delicatessen in the sky that it stays that way. I feel like I should light some incense and leave an offering of half-sour dill pickles and liverwurst just to hedge my bets.

As for the moving saga--we've pretty much nailed the house that was our first choice, but they're not open to a month-to-month lease and Ethan had an interview today and has another tomorrow for jobs in other locations. Why are things never simple and easy for us? Just once I'd like something--anything--to be cut and dried. Regardless, we're out of here by 9/30. Will keep you kids posted when I know where we'll actually end up. GAH! Stay tuned. I won't go into detail, but both locales are south of the Mason/Dixon in Rebel territory, so either would be an adventure, I'm sure!

In the meantime, if anyone finds credible, user-friendly instructions for a time machine so we can zip to October 1st and just be done with this ridiculous shit, please let me know. There's a thank you reuben and a big, sloppy smooch in it for you.

Night night.

3 comments:

kaylynuke said...

DAMMIT! You made me hungry!! GAAAAAAH!

Vicki said...

My offering pleased the Sandwichmaker in the Sky. No tummy troubles.

Anonymous said...

Election night, hardworking Georgians have watched how the Party Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale behaves, Cody Hall, Press Secretary. Reporting fake vote totals and hosting desperate press conferences to filing dangerous lawsuits that attempt to rewrite election law, count illegal votes and create new ones, Stacey Abrams and her radical backers will stop at nothing Coach Outlet Sale to undermine democracy and attempt to steal this election to be Michael Kors Outlet Online Georgia next governor. Abrams lost Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men and Brian Kemp New Yeezy Shoes won.

SBS is committed to providing a safe and Cheap Air Force Ones welcoming digital environment, with free access for people of all ages. Coach Handbags Clearance Some of our activities, such as SBS Learn, are directed to children and young people. We may collect personal information directly from children and young people for the purpose of these activities.